Preview of Lean on me.
In this part of the course we're going to combine several technical elements.
- learn the CGDGBE tuning
- fingerpick a harmonized version of the C major scale
- play percussive hits with the right hand with good technique
- play percussive hits at the same time as melody notes
- play percussive hits in between melody notes
- play Lean On Me using percussive clicks
- play Lean On Me using a 3/2 Polyrhythm
At the end of this section, you will be able to play a piece like the one I'm about to play. If it's something you feel like you can play already, then you can skip ahead to the next section.
If not, and you're watching this video and you think 'ah that IS something I'd really love to be able to play - these are techniques that I want to pick up',then the following lessons will bring you to that point. So this video lets you see if the lessons coming up are worth your while.
It also helps to show you that if you put the time in, you stick with it and you persist with the material in the lessons ahead, then you're going to be able to play this piece.
So let's get started!