Learn Blues Guitar Fingerpicking
Beginner guitar lessons with fingerpicking & piedmont-style blues
This course is ideal for
- guitarists who want to learn fingerpicking
- guitarists who want to learn some blues material
The course is divided into 3 sections
- Section 1 covers the basics of how to get set up to play, string names, a few chords and reading guitar tablature
- Section 2 covers the fundamentals of fingerpicking to show you which fingers to use and some patterns
- Section 3 introduces the blues, the 12-bar format, the I-IV-V chord progressions and piedmont blues style fingerpicking
As a complete beginner, I advise spending 15 minutes a day playing and you can get through a lesson a day - meaning that you would complete this course in 21 days.
Some students prefer to go slower and might take 1-2 months to get through the material - and that is absolutely fine! Go at your own chosen speed.
I am Patrick O'Malley and I have being fingerpicking guitar for 20 years. Thousands of my students have learned to fingerpick guitar successfully - many from complete beginners to really accomplished players.
Have you ever dreamed of playing guitar or even started but then faded away after a while? Over the years, I have experimented and realised that there is a way to teach students a fingerpicking-first approach. Whether a complete beginner or an average fingerpicking - these lessons will take you to the next level.
The key to my teaching approach is ensuring the student gets a sense of reward with each lesson. Believe me, I have seen this work time and time again. I have now developed intermediate and advanced courses to help students develop even further - to play lead guitar-type melodies with bass and arpeggio accompaniment!